We need to talk.

So, idk if I told you but I quit my job at stop n shop for a lot of reasons but mostly because I'm tired of cashing in minimum paychecks for a company I hate. They can kiss my black ass.
Anyway, so I filled out a couple of online applications and hope they get back to me asap. I saw this one job on indeed.com or something like that, that pays between $600-$800 dollars a week. That's perfect for me. If I get paid that much a week, I can get my own place!
I've never had my own place before (I'm 20) so this should be fun?! I was going to write down a list of expenses I need for my place. For now, I plan on living in an apartment, then moving into a house later on. I started looking up some places to live on zillow.com and found a few homes I'd like. But there's going to be a couple questions for each landlord I'll have when I go to tour each place. Like:

  • Does rent come with utilities? Bonus if it does and I'd much prefer a place with utilities. 
  • Pets must be allowed, I plan on having cat(s), bunnie(s), and/or sugar glider(s). Maybe even dog(s).
  • I must be allowed to paint the walls even if I'm renting because certain landlords let you paint the walls, as long as you paint them back when you're done.
  • If there is central heating, do they work?
  • How long does the hot water last? Is it a good water tank? I don't want hot water that only last for like 10 mins then it takes an hour for it to get hot again completely.
  • Are there any drafts throughout the place?
  • What is the neighborhood like?
  • Is there on-sight laundry? 
  • If the outside of the house or apartment looks crappy or ghetto, I don't want to live there. I don't care how nice the inside looks. 
  • Is the apartment/house/condo near any places like a supermarket, laundry mat, dollar store, restaurants, transportation, bank. That all needs to be in walking distance especially if the place doesn't have a washing machine and dryer of their own.
  • If I call the landlord because there's a problem with my place, will they be responsible enough to come over and handle every one of my problems correctly every single time? I need a reliable landlord.
  • Are there regular inspections?
  • Would you live here?
  • How's the crime in the neighborhood? Any break-ins? Assaults? Robberies?
Now I need a list of things I need for my place. I actually plan on starting over most of the shit. Leaving a lot of the garbage in my room to be thrown out or sold, idc what happens to it. But here's a list of things I need for my place in no specific order.
  • an iron (maybe 2 for a backup or not, doesn't matter)
  • crock pot
  • washing machine/dryer (if there's none on the unit or nearby)
  • food
  • silverware
  • oven mitt
  • welcome mat (go away or oh shit, not you again)
  • wall hooks for jackets/coats unless there's a closet nearby
  • shoe storage rack
  • bed
  • mattress
  • hangers
  • night stand
  • tv stand
  • bookshelves
  • dish drying rack
  • silverware organizer
  • lamp(s)
  • pillow
  • microwave
  • mini fridge for my room
  • sewing machine
  • trash/recycling can
  • dishes
  • dish towels
  • dish washer 
  • shower caddy
  • printer
  • plunger
  • bats mat(s)
  • air fresher
  • candles
  • towels/washcloths (be sure to have extra for guest spending the night)
  • dish soap/sponges
  • flashlight
  • sheets and comforter
  • lamp
  • artwork
  • throw pillows for couches/chairs 
  • coffee table
  • can opener
  • hand  and electrical mixer
  • good sharp knives
  • serving spoon
  • colander
  • rolls of aluminum foil
  • kettle/crock pot
  • dining table and chairs
  • napkins 
  • tablecloths or place mats
  • candle holders
  • trivets
  • booby traps for your place
  • step stool
  • toaster/toaster oven
  • soap dispenser
  • spatulas, ladles, whisk, etc.
  • shelves
  • cutting board
  • ziploc bags
  • plastic containers for food storage
  • TV
  • dresser
  • toilet tress
  • light bulbs
  • first aid kit
  • fire alarm
  • carbon monoxide alarm
  • paper towels
  • fans
  • tweezers
  • egg holder
  • vacuum cleaner
  • ice cube trays
  • bag of ice
  • pitchers
  • coffee maker
  • shower curtain
  • blender
  • pots and pans
  • batteries
  • pens
  • paper
  • extension cords
  • small broom and dustpan
  • big broom and dustpan
  • trash bags
  • cleaning supplies
  • jar of quarters for laundry
  • fabric softener/ laundry detergent/stain remover
  • large plastic bins/containers for storage
  • matches
  • internet router
  • dresser
  • hamper
  • curtains
  • desk
  • desk chair 
  • mini vacuum cleaner
  • tape (magic tape)
Btw please make these purchasable items, cause I'd save up for these and buy them in a heartbeat.





Now here's the go to shopping list that I'd literally shop the same list every single time I'd go:
  • eggs (both the precooked, in the shells, and the liquid form)
  • yogurt (both go-yogurts and regular containers)
  • bacon/sausages (beef/turkey bacon, kielbasa sausage)
  • rice
  • tea
  • olive oil
  • tuna
  • fruit (apples, oranges, raspberries, blackberries, peaches, melons, watermelon, pears, plums, bananas, cherries, berries, grapes, nectarines, kiwi, lemons/limes)
  • candy/gum (in packs)
  • cookies
  • crackers
  • dried fruit
  • granola bars/mix
  • nuts/seeds (must have sunflower seeds)
  • oatmeal 
  • popcorn
  • potato/corn chips (salt & vingear, bbq, lightly salted)
  • pretzels
  • seafood (salmon, catfish, crab, lobster, mussels, oysters, fish, shrimp, tuna, tilapia)
  • milk
  • orange juice
  • ice cream (mint, cookie dough, rocky road, sherbet, sorbet)
  • ice pops (that box of ice pops you stick in the freezer)
  • butter (both stick and margarine)
  • grated cheese in both white and yellow
  • sharp american cheese
  • deli meat/cheeses
Office supplies:
  • printer paper
  • printer
  • ink
  • glue/tape
  • notepad/envelopes
  • postage stamps
  • pens/pencils
Medicine:
  • allergy
  • antibiotic
  • pain reliever
  • prescription pick-up
  • antacid 
  • aspirin
  • cold/flu/sinus 
Personal care:
  • bath soap/hand soap
  • condoms
  • cosmetics
  • toothpaste
  • vitamins
  • toothpaste
  • toilet paper
  • sunblock
  • shampoo/conditioner
  • shaving cream/shaving lotion
  • razors
  • mouth wash
  • lotion/Vaseline
  • floss
  • facial tissue
  • facial cleanser
  • cotton swabs/balls
  • deodorant
Cleaning products:
  • glass cleaner
  • cleansing spray (fabuloso)
  • disinfecting wipes
  • garbage bags
  • air freshener
  • bleach/detergent/softener
  • sponges/scrubbers
  • mop head/vacuum bags
  • dishwasher soap
Other stuff:
  • insect repellent
  • batteries
  • newspaper/magazine
  • random impulse buy
  • light bulbs
I can't wait to have my own place! I have a job interview this Monday around 1 in Jersey City at the job I said will pay between $600-800 a week. I'll promise to kick ass and be on my best behavior. lol
Cause I just want to have my own apartment and cat. There's a couple places I liked to live in the USA. I want to live in Manhattan, right in front of times square or central park. In Forks, Washington, Vancouver Canada, and that's about it. I do want to live in Tahiti, Paris, France, maybe Switzerland or Sweden and then Tokyo, Japan.

Comments

Popular Posts