Honestly....

I don't mind being poor and I don't mind being rich. I've lived too well to accept either one. Sometimes you're going to be rich and want to be poor and sometimes you are going poor and want to be rich. It's a half and half thing sometimes. I'm not saying everyone feels like this but a lot of us will at some point.
But deep down, I don't really want to be rich. Shocking, huh? And I am glad I wasn't born rich because I don't want every thing handed to me. You know necessities like electronics and vehicles and toys and shit. I want to work for my shit. Walk in one day with a hand full of money I worked my ass off for and come into a store and buy everything I want. I want to see one of those days happen and be proud because I worked for it. You don't need to know how I worked for it but that I just worked my ass off for it and come home to an apartment with everything I want.
Same goes for being in a relationship. I don't mind if he is rich or dirt poor. Being rich and buying me shit that I like is nice but not needed. I prefer to be the one buying shit. I don't need a man to spoil me, I prefer to spoil myself you know. You know all those (usually broke ass) girls boasting about how their "man" brought them the new shoes they are wearing or that ring they have on their finger, I'm going sit there and laugh while mercilessly tell them that the new shoes that I am wearing or that ring I have on my finger is something I worked my ass off for and that I didn't need a man or guy to buy me what I want. Either way, it doesn't matter but usually they just try to tell us to show off and I ain't having it.
I'm okay with sleeping on a (used) mattress next to the man I love or by myself in an empty apartment (because we can't afford nice furniture) or sleeping with the man I love in a $5k+ apartment in a beautiful city with a king sized bed. Because it's not that location that matters, it's the fact that I am with someone I love, even if we live in dirt.
Either way, I'm fine with being poor or rich. It doesn't matter to me both are nice, equally. But that's just me. Tell me what you think. :)

Comments

Popular Posts