I always wanted to talk about streaming, like my thoughts and whether I'd do it or not and to be honest, I totally would. It's something I've been planning. I already own my own computer and have a couple games to start off with, with streaming. I think my main focus is World of Warcraft and when I get bored of that play a couple of other games.
I love mmos out of almost all of the other games, so it's a priority over the others. That's why I play World of Warcraft so much.
I can't start streaming until I get a capture card/working speakers/and a missing piece to my headphones.
I already have a list of games I'll probably end up playing:

  • World of Warcraft
  • HotS
  • HearthStone (rarely)
  • League of Legends (rarely)
  • Sims 3/4
  • Some Steam Games
  • TeraOnline
  • ArcheAge
  • Osu
  • And a lot of games I've played back in the day that I found pc versions of that were for old/outdated stations
  • Diablo
  • StarCraft
  • Guild Wars 1/2
  • and a ton of others I can't think right now
I know the heat I'll get for streaming and becoming a streamer. Probably because I'm a female and I'm African American. Very rarely will you here me call out my race/ethnicity/age/gender/sexuality. I don't know, I'm just one of those type of people who like to keep that stuff private. I only mentioned it now because it's going to be relevant for the rest of this story.
I don't like to refer to myself as any of those labels I listed before especially in the gaming world because I'm going to be labeled as an attention whore for calling myself a "girl gamer". I don't really like the term anyway even if this is a sexist world.
That goes for my ethnicity (this is going to be a little off topic), I don't like to say much about it except I'm just African American. I don't want to sound like a white person and say every single damn country as my ethnicity lmao.
Anyway, I don't want anymore attention than my stream already gets. So I'd like to keep my life private than it already is. That's why I don't want that status.
I know people are going to tell me that streaming/playing video games isn't a real job. Well that's their opinion and I'm ready for the criticism to shut it down. People take streaming as a joke and I don't care. It's a way I make money and I enjoy doing it. People thinking they are better than you because you're a streamer. You aren't and I need you to know that.
Well who the hell are you to talk down to people?
That's all I have to say about streaming but that's just my opinion.

Comments

Popular Posts